Back from the mountains

In a word... WOW!  I'm not sure if there are enough words, I'm not sure if there are enough pictures.  Amazing.  I've seen poor before and actually THOUGHT I myself had experienced it at earlier points in my life.  WRONG!!!  I've seen somewhat difficult conditions before or at least what we might consider difficult.  But I'm not sure if I've seen as much hope and faith in God before within people living in those conditions.  For some reason visions of the early pioneers come to mind.  Difficult conditions but plenty of determination and innovation.  I'm not sure my writing could capture the feelings of what everyone felt or experienced but over the course of the next week or so we will try to with words and pictures.  As a matter of fact, when we get all the pictures together, I will try to show some of the ones that hopefully will capture some of the experience we felt within our hearts. 

Today we will be leaving after breakfast to head out to a women's sewing co-op and then stopping by another school (we had stopped by an elementary school while in the mountains in the Matasano community which I will share later on).  I will say bye for now and later take time and start sharing more.

Dios bendiga - God bless you

No comments:

Post a Comment