Team Member Profile - John Nelson


John Nelson - My wife Beverly and I are members of Highlawn Presbyterian Church in Saint Albans.  There I serve as Session member, co-treasurer, leader of the Education Team, and sing in the choir (fortunately there wasn't an audition  ;-).  After completing the Lay Academy last year, I am also an ALP.  I serve on the Stewardship Team of the Presbytery and in my spare time I actually work on computers for a living.  I come from a big family (4 brothers and 3 sisters) and have a wonderful son and daughter-in-law.

I will be serving as blogger/photographer (one of them) for this trip and would like your prayers that in doing so I would do justice to the team and to the mission.  Thank you all for the opportunity to go.  I am looking forward to this trip because I love hands-on mission work and I love being able to be part of God's people working together, whether in a church, a community, the state, or across the globe.  I am always amazed by what God's community of people can do when they come together.  Keep the Nicaragua team in your prayers that we open ourselves up to the Spirit's leading.

Blog you later.




No comments:

Post a Comment